Stuff I’m thinking about today :
- I tend to turn people, family, coworkers into enemies, people out to get me, get in my way, foil my plans. I also tend to exaggerate things, blow things up, make mountains out of molehills. Enemies? Really? I know what an enemy looks like and I believe I can safely say I do not have any human enemies. The devil on the other hand.
- I’m going to fit in better in Arizona than Florida. Why? Because I’m like a cactus, tender on the inside, tough and prickly on the outside, with a sense of humor as dry as the desert. 😜
- Grey’s Anatomy is ridiculously dramatic. So is House. As medical shows go, they are barely accurate. Don’t judge me for sinning differently than you.
- I’m getting so excited for the big move, my head might explode.
- If you haven’t figured it out by now, I’m easily excited, saddened, angered, fearful, fearless, and all my emotions make my head want to explode.
- I turn the thermostat up when my favorite #1 son isn’t looking. I like to mess with his head. Plus it’s too cold in this house.
Happy Tuesday/last day of June!
Stuff I’m thinking about today :
- I was sad to hear the story of a plastic surgeon who stopped doing charitable reconstructive breast surgery because he was the only one in this area who was doing it and didn’t think it was fair to him? What about the ladies??? I don’t understand the depth of this logic at all?
- That being said, I will begin volunteering again this year. I heard about an organization in the USA that offers free medical care clinics in poor neighborhoods all around the country. It’s time to share the love of Jesus in the best way I know how, by being his hands and feet.
- When it comes to political hot topics such as gay marriage, it’s easy to voice an opinion. When you are not personally effected by a political hot topic it’s easy to say what you think. The Lord says marriage is between a man and a woman. I believe the Lord’s word is true. But truth isn’t easy. I believe all people want to be loved unconditionally and have families of their own to care for them, to be there through sickness and health regardless of whether I agree or disagree with their choices. I also believe that Jesus came to seek and save the lost. If you think you are less lost than any other person because of your race, sex, religion or sexual preferences, then you are fooling yourself. Jesus said love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength AND love you neighbor as yourself. Who is your neighbor? When it comes to political hot topics, the answers are not so black and white. It’s really easy to say you’re right and they’re wrong, it’s harder to choose to love people despite whether you think they’re right or wrong. And when I want God to bring down the hammer on something I think is wrong I better be prepared for his hammer to fall on me as well. Justice or mercy? I want God to be merciful to us all because we’re all wrong. Only Jesus is right.
- I put a deposit on an apartment in Phoenix! Woohoo! It’s kind of far from the hospital I’ll be working at, but my cousin lives close to the hospital AND I will know one person in the OR because he “just happened” to work in my OR this past year. I may finally break down and buy a vehicle with 4 wheels. Then again, I may keep my record breaking no car thing going for a little bit longer. Living in Africa for a year and a half has shown me I am way tougher than I ever thought.
Thankful to join The Weekend Brew
The stuff I’m thinking about today :
- I am driven by my emotions. I wish I weren’t.
- If I could choose any super power, I would choose two — invisibility and the power to shut off all sounds of humanity.
- If I could choose to be any person in the Bible, I would choose to be John the Baptist. Because he was set apart, lived in the wilderness, prepared the way of the Lord.
- I really like to be alone. It bothers my favorite sons. They don’t understand me. I’m okay with that.
- I travel through life with a deep desire to help people without wanting anything in return.
- I’m nicer to strangers than people I know.
- I hate being angry. It is the most painful of all emotions.
- I am angry way too much.
- You cannot be my friend if you cannot accept me as I am. I’m too tired to be who you want me to be.
- You cannot be my friend if you want me to pretend.
- I am a fearful person, but not of ordinary things like heights, spiders, needles, crossing bridges, flying. I’m terrified to let people know me.
- I am very suspicious of people who always seem happy.
- If I think you don’t like me, if you give off a vibe that I’m annoying you, if you roll your eyes at me because you think I’m ridiculous, if you laugh at me, if you make me the butt of the joke, I will walk away from you and not look back once.
- I own my screw ups. You might have to tell me what they are because I’m not always able to see them, but when I do, I own them. I don’t make excuses, I don’t blame others, I own them.
- If I do something to offend you and I know it, I own what I’ve done. I apologize. I’m not perfect.
- I will not beg you to forgive me.
- I have to forgive people over and over and over.
- If I disappear into the wilderness, don’t be sad or worried, I will have chosen the wilderness.
- I’m too weird for most people.
- I need to figure out how to be okay with myself because the Lord made me and he says I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I do believe him.
Thankful to link up with Lyli.