I’m so thankful I can incorporate my one word, thankful, into my favorite Friday activity – Five Minute Friday, which I confess takes longer than five minutes for me to compose because I’m a
deep slow thinker, but only takes five minutes to read. That counts, right?
Plus! In the month of October, we are doing things with a twist by participating in write 31 days. But wait! That’s not all! I’m also writing around my life as a nurse! Good times!
This week, the word is joy.
As a nurse, nothing gives me greater joy than when I find out that a patient, not only survived the surgery, but went on to make a complete recovery. Or when a patient who doesn’t know the Lord survives to have another chance to know the Lord.
The thing about surgery is I only see one little part of a person’s story. I usually don’t get much before or after the surgery. I have on occasion gone to see a person afterwards, but mostly I try to keep up with them by asking the surgeon how things are going.
Sometimes, the ones I think may die, show back up looking better than I ever dreamed. God is good like that. And that really gives me joy!
This is day 23 of 31 days of five minute free writes. Be sure to head over to Kate’s blog to participate or read along or both.
Every single day I wake up is a day to be thankful. This year, I am on a quest to focus on all the gifts the Lord gives to me. Thankful. It’s my one word for 2015.
97. The art of Scripture journaling has been pure joy in that it draws me into the Scriptures more deeply because I’m writing the scripture out, doodling over it, coloring over it, absorbing it.
98. A brand-new, honest to goodness, hard back, physical paper Bible to practice the art of Scripture journaling after a couple of years of only owning a digital Bible.
99. It’s Groundhog Day, the day that encourages one to be optimistic, to have hope for a shorter winter season based on whether or not a cute furry creature named Phil, sees his shadow. What could be better than that? BTW. Phil did NOT see his shadow. Early spring it is!
Happy Monday! Have a great week!
Thankful to join with Monday Musings and Small Wonder
Weekends at my job can be unbelievably insane. Low staffing, no secretary, phone ringing off the hook insanity. But even in these trials I am thankful. It’s my one word for 2015.
94. The awesome support and encouragement from the ladies at work (you know who you are ;)) when I thought my head might explode because I’m terrible at multitasking.
95. Making it to the end of a crazy busy Saturday evening shift with my head still intact.
96. Coming home after a crazy busy Saturday evening shift, flopping into my comfy chair, eating chips and salsa, winding down, catching up with all the “news” on Facebook, crawling into bed.
Thankful to rest on this happiest of Sundays!
Thankful to join Give me Grace and Sunday Stillness