I’m spending a year writing about being thankful. It’s my word for 2015. And today is a double dose because yesterday was FMF. So yeah. Thankful.
3 Witnessed Blessings
46. Everyday, I get to do this crazy surgical job. I get to meet people of all ages, races, and cultures. I get to converse with them and hear tiny snippets of their stories. I get to witness their lives when they are hard. What a privilege.
47. To step outside the USA and step into the poorest nations in the world to witness the joy people have. Being rich really has nothing to do with money. It has to do with being loved, respected, cared for.
48. Combine the surgery with the folks in the poorest nations and witness the dignity of the least waiting patiently, sometimes for many years, for God to show up with their healing. And when their healing arrives? Witness the indescribable joy when they look in a mirror. Witness the shock and awe as they realize they can see, really see!
A Gift Bringing Laughter, Prayer, Quiet
49. I’m going home today. To Pennsylvania. To family. To good times. To laughter as we try to spring my mom from rehab that isn’t really rehab because she’s doing so well after her bilateral knee replacements. Hallelujah!
50. I have missions on my mind. All of a sudden. Particularly Haiti. I’ve been there 4 times. I feel her calling out to me again. I keep bumping into her on the world wide web through blogs I follow. I’m exploring options. I’m praying.
51. I’ve been awake since 3:40am, anticipating the alarm that was set for 5am to wake me for my trip home to Pennsylvania today. I love how absolutely still and quiet the world is during the last watch of the night.
Thankful to share with The Weekend Brew and Spiritual Sundays