This week was a whirlwind of activity and emotion. My favorite #2 son came to town. I stayed up past my bedtime on several nights, ate too much ice cream (but really, can there ever be too much ice cream?), discussed my terrible diet, was accused of being the worst nurse because of said diet, charged back I am not afraid to own that accusation, antics, laughter, coffee as a family. And I am SO thankful. It’s my word for 2015.
412. The little pigs are getting to know each other better and without as much fighting.
413. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. (2 Corinthians 3:17 ESV)
414. Being a shepherd to my favorite boys.
415. Instructional YouTube videos so I can adjust the brakes on my bike.
416. My favorite #2 son has a friend letting him borrow her car so he can come visit us!
417. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal. (2 Corinthians 4:17-18 ESV)
418. Filling out the last schedule for my current job.
419. My favorite #2 son is in town!
420. Seeing swordfish on my bike ride.
421. Starbucks with my favorite people.
422. Just being in the same room with both of them.
423. for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. (2 Timothy 1:7 ESV)
424. For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. (2 Corinthians 5:21 ESV)
425. The air is very smokey today, reminding me of far off places — Haiti, Uganda, Ghana.
426. Learning the Fibonacci sequence because I’m a wanna be geek.
427. Building the piggy dream house.
428. My favorite #1 son ran all the way home to check on me when I didn’t answer my phone.
429. Listening to the Bible on my phone.
430. I only have to work one more Saturday at this job.
431. For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken. On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God. (Psalm 62:5-7 ESV)
432. <— Because number sequences make me happy and don’t just occur randomly because God is awesome like that!
Happy Sunday! Happy Memorial Day weekend!