It’s been another week on the crazy roller coaster we call life. I am thankful. It’s my word for 2015. I hope your week has been totally awesome!
307. A break from the normal routine to take ACLS.
308. Jesus loves me when I struggle with loving myself. I am not alone. I am not alone. I am not alone.
309. The number 13.
310. That there is a world of people willing to pray for my little niece.
311. That even though I don’t know for sure what is happening with my little niece, I know the One Person who does know and I know He is keeping her under the shadow of his wings.
312. I passed ACLS even though I thought I failed.
313. It’s tax day and I’m thankful my taxes were submitted 10 weeks ago so I wouldn’t have to worry about tax day.
314. For I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last he will stand upon the earth. - Job 19:25, ESV
315. That the Lord ministers to me when I minister to my favorite #1+#2 sons.
316. That social media can get prayer needs to hundreds of people instantly.
317. Communicating with people on the other side of the world like they are just across the street.
318. It’s almost Friday.
319. One more week until I get to spend a week in San Francisco with one of my favorite girls!
320. 13 weeks until Arizona! I’m down to the length of a travel contract!
321. So I think I’ve been so selfish lately I’ve missed the point of the suffering at work. Healthcare is not what it used to be. It’s a big business. The patient’s welfare is sacrificed to the bottom line. Do more faster for less. It makes me want to scream it’s so wrong. I just want to quit all the time. I’m so over it. To the point I was crying to God to let me quit, to let me be silent and ignore the people around me. Then I read 1 Peter 4:15-19 that talks about suffering according to God’s will, and John 21:15-19, where Jesus restores Peter and says feed my sheep and follow me, and even Deuteronomy 22 where the Lord commands the people to not even I gnore a lost animal of a neighbor. And suddenly I see. If I quit, if I refuse to work with certain surgeons because I see their ignorance, their incompetence, who will stand up to them to protect the patient laying on the table? I so easily get off track by my selfishness. Thank you Father for putting me back on the straight road. Forgive me for my selfishness. Thank you for not giving up on me when I get lost.
322. “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way to where I am going.” Thomas said to him, “Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?” Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him.” (John 14:1-7 ESV)
323. My favorite #1 son loves to tell me ALL the details of anything he’s interested in.
324. Breakfast date with a very good friend to catch up on life, to talk about how awesome is our God. ❤️
325. God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling. Selah There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy habitation of the Most High. God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved; God will help her when morning dawns. The nations rage, the kingdoms totter; he utters his voice, the earth melts. The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress. Selah Come, behold the works of the Lord, how he has brought desolations on the earth. He makes wars cease to the end of the earth; he breaks the bow and shatters the spear; he burns the chariots with fire. “Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!” The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress. Selah (Psalm 46:1-11 ESV)
326. 6 days until San Fransisco!
327. Packing ahead of schedule for the same epic trip.