Another week on the roller coaster of life. Spring has sprung. Good news for a boy. Plans are changing. All is grace. God is good and I am Thankful. It’s my word for 2015.
223. That we have words using all vowels in the correct order – abstentious, arterious, placentious, aerious,
224. That I finally figured out where the secret room for prayer is. And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. Matthew 6:5-6
225. For the training I received on the Africa Mercy. Learning to put others first in a very small space has helped me to be able to apply what I learned to living in this current very small space with my favorite #1 son.
226. Riding through a neighborhood in south Florida that smells like spring in Pennsylvania.
227. In honor of St Patrick’s Day, a prayer I discovered – Christ be with me, Christ within me, Christ behind me, Christ before me, Christ beside me, Christ to win me, Christ to comfort and restore me. Christ beneath me, Christ above me, Christ in quiet, Christ in danger, Christ in hearts of all that love me, Christ in mouth of friend and stranger.
228. The Arizona board of nursing received my fingerprint card and application for temporary license today!
229. My favorite #1 son got a job that has the potential to be really awesome and change his mind about going to Arizona and I’m so happy for him, but sad for me because now I may be going alone after all.
230. Lord willing, I am still going to Arizona.
231. Thankful for the co-worker pointing out to me that the change in the plan may be a problem, but it’s a good problem. I never thought of them as being good before.
232. The lights out on the ocean at night take me back to sailing on the Africa Mercy, standing watch in the wee hours of the morning.
233. Even though the plan might change, I still get to have quality time with my #1 son while he saves money.
234. Even though the plan might change, I am excited about moving in a new direction like I haven’t been since I came home from Africa and both my boys are excited for me.
235. It’s the first day of Spring and it’s Friday!
236. Duoliteral – this one has the vowels in order backwards!
237. For fun things like the military alphabet to spell my name – mike India Charlie hotel echo Lima Lima echo, alpha November delta echo Romeo Sierra Oscar November
238. Even though I forgot my iPhone, I still got to see the most spectacular red sunrise over the beautiful Atlantic Ocean in the cool breeze of the day. I have eyes to see. 👀
239. That they make portable ramps for scooters so I can load my scooter into a van for transport to Arizona.
240. For the yummy crockpot beef stew my favorite #1 son prepared for us to eat all weekend long.
241. 2 weeks until I see my favorite #2 son for Easter. 4 weeks until I get edumacated in ACLS. 5 weeks until I visit DUDE! In San Fransisco. 12 weeks until I see my favorite #2 son for his birthday. 16 work weeks until I am finished here. 17 weeks until the BIG MOVE!!! Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your ❤️. Psalm 37:4
242. A surprise phone call from my inspiring missionary friend all the way from Nicaragua!
243. That my favorite #1 son trusts my love for him enough to start confessing things he is deeply ashamed of. I know the Lord is working in him, pursuing him.
Thankful to join 3DLessons4Life, The Weekend Brew, Sunday Stillness, #TellHisStory, Three Word Wednesday, Spiritual Sundays, Give Me Grace, Unite, SDG Gathering, Monday Musings, Small Wonder, Tell Me A True Story, Tuesday at Ten, Coffee For Your Heart