I have a love/hate relationship with Daylight Savings Time. On the one hand, we get an extra hour of light at the end of the day. On the other hand, we lose an hour of time and have to have jetlag without actually going anywhere. In the end, I am thankful. It’s my one word for 2015.
181. Went on an epic Cross County #scooter adventure To visit my very 1st #Florida #friend who, being obedient to the Holy Spirit, looked passed my cold, hard, prickly exterior to tell me how Jesus changed her life. The Lord used this dear sweet lady to bring me to the foot of the cross and I was saved! I’m so #thankful for her ❤️ and friendship.
182. Happy to learn there is an IKEA in the Phoenix area.
183. Happier to learn that there are lots of travel contracts in the Phoenix area, that I have started the process of updating my information with my travel company, and speaking to the Arizona board of nursing to facilitate receiving my fingerprint card and application for temporary licensing.
184. Remembering my dad 35 years later. Thankful for the role he played in my life however brief it may have been.
185. That the people who own my apartment will allow me to break my lease without a giant penalty.
186. Ice cream with friends in town from Pennsylvania.
187. 31 days until I see my #2 son, 32 days until Easter, 40 days until ACLS, 52 days until San Francisco.
188. Counting the days to so many good things. 😁
189. And Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly, I say to you, only with difficulty will a rich person enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.” When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished, saying, “who then can be saved?” But Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:23–26
190. The bird song that welcomes the rising sun to the east and says good night to the gigantic moon to the west as I ride my bicycle through the strong wind that blows through the palm trees.
191. Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit. Psalm 51:10–12
192.The Lord forgives me again and again and again and again. He never leaves me. He never forsakes me. He always forgives me!
193. Folding laundry. Who would have thought?
194. Making room for my #1 son to move in!
195. For the awesome people in my life who are able to help me process hard things so I don’t lose my mind.
196. It’s moving day for #1 son!
197. And now he’s all moved in and I have a roommate, friend, and somebody to shoot the breeze with.
198. There is so much frustration in the waiting, and yet I must choose to be thankful.
199. Even though we lose an hour of the day, I’m thankful for daylight savings time for making he sun stay up one hour longer and the people who had the good sense to make it happen on the weekend when most of us have off from work.
200. No daylight savings time in Arizona means my internal clock will not get messed up anymore, or at least two times a year.
201. Realizing if I need more hours in the day, all I have to do is travel west and chase the sun, although I’m not really sure what happens when you reach the international date line?
Thankful to join 3DLessons4Life, The Weekend Brew, Sunday Stillness, #TellHisStory, Three Word Wednesday, Spiritual Sundays, Give Me Grace, Unite, SDG Gathering, Monday Musings, Small Wonder, Tell Me A True Story, Tuesday at Ten