This has been a week of ups and downs. I find world news to be utterly exhausting. CNN seems to be determined to saturate us with bad news. While I am all for staying up to date on current events, I’m not up for being saturated by them. Add that to the state of affairs of my own immediate family and life can just become overwhelming with the snap of your fingers.
So how do we keep joy? I do believe it’s by being thankful. For all of it. Good, bad, and ugly. It’s my word for 2015.
139. Even though I get overwhelmed by all the trouble in the world, by the trouble even in the lives of the people I love, I’m thankful I don’t bury my head in the sand anymore.
140. Hard as it may be to accept, I believe I have the gift of lamentation and I need to be thankful for all things because thankfulness is the will of God.
141. That I earn enough money to be able to help others with financial needs.
142. Dry ice. Because dry ice is fun. When you pour water on it, it makes fog! What could be more fun than that?
143. The joy of the Lord is my strength when I think I can’t take one more minute of the craziness of the world.
144. The ability to turn everything off. The TV. The Internet. The air handlers. The lights. The bad news. Social media. Yeah, turning stuff off is something to be thankful for.
145. Celebrating my #1 son leaving a bad job. He always has trouble moving on. I’m really proud of the man he’s becoming.
146. The wonder of turning on a two wheel vehicle. It makes me praise the Lord for his gift of physical laws.
147. Ash Wednesday. Remembering I am dust and to dust I will return. That the Lord’s mercies are new every single morning.
148. Planning a crazy new adventure with my #1 son is so very exciting! And just like that, a new dream springs to life.
149. Having so many good choices as to make my head spin.
150. Not revealing the crazy new Adventure I’m planning with my #1 son just might make my head explode from The excitement!
151. That my #2 Son is super excited about the crazy new adventure I’m going to have with my #1 son.
152. That I can be open and honest about my shortcomings.
153. That I can laugh at myself when I make seriously bonehead mistakes, like stabbing myself in the hand with a sharp object to see if it was actually a sharp object.
154. That my #1 son is so over the moon happy and excited to plan our super big adventure.
155. Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. Matthew 11: 28–30
156. Meeting up with an Internet friend and meeting a new person in real life who became an Internet friend so we could have lunch, And talk about faith, God, Jesus, theology is a super fantastic way to spend A Saturday afternoon.
157. Watching anticipation build as I wait to make the super exciting new adventure announcement Facebook official.
158. That GustaferGPig gives me a good chuckle every night when I turn the lights out by doing a quick little run around his house. Every. Single. Night. He is adorable!
159. The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid? Psalms 27:1