Personally, I think Sunday may be the best day to share the 21 things I have been thankful for all week long. Sunday is a good day to be thankful.
118. That I have the freedom in Christ to take control of my compulsions and then change my mind to document my thanks on the schedule that is right for me.
119. I have an anchor for my soul, my Savior, Jesus Christ.
120. With contacts I can see my face better than I have in years. I have a LOT of new lines and wrinkles. I’m trying to be thankful for them. I earned each and every one of them!
121. I tried to crash my bicycle two times, but the Lord protected me, the Lord kept me upright.
122. Chocolate covered peanut butter pretzels, the perfect blend of salty and sweet.
123. Babysitting a dog serves as a reminder that, even though I’m not much of a dog person anymore, they are still sweet and an example of unconditional love.
124. He delivers the afflicted by their affliction and opens their ear by adversity. Job 36:15 Finding this tiny piece of truth helps me understand why some things happen, that God uses all of it for good.
125. That the Lord gave somebody the brainpower to invent Skype so I could have a video chat with a sweet friend who lives on the other side of the world in Australia. A. Ma. Zing.
126. That my job is so busy lately I am making all my hours.
127. Discovering that a bike ride at 5:30 in the morning is safer, quieter, and more peaceful.
128. Crushing the lie that my tears mean there is something wrong with me and choosing to believe my tears show what a deeply sensitive person I am.
129. Coffee, coffee, and more coffee. There’s always time for coffee!
130. 13 is my favorite number. Jesus plus his 12 disciples equals 13. I have never fallen for the superstitions about the number 13. I’m excited that it’s Friday the 13th. If the building has 20 floors, And you number the floors 12 14, 15… There are still 13 floors! You’re only fooling yourself.
131. Visiting the patient who spent 10 hours in surgery to remove a brain tumor seeing him sitting up in a chair, eating breakfast, awake, alert, and oriented. Hallelujah!
132. All the compliments from my sweet coworkers telling me I look younger without my glasses makes me feel pretty okay.
133. The moment you look in the mirror and discover you forgot to wipe the lotion into your skin so you actually have the look of Half finished mime make up? Excellent!
134. Shoe covers right when you accidentally dump bloody irrigation on yourself.
135. Being able to ride my bicycle with my #1 son for Habitat for Humanity to raise money to build a house and make some new friends and contacts.
136. Getting up early in the morning to Skype with a beautiful friend in South Africa.
137. Being alive by the grace of God to take a stand against pornography because if you don’t stand for something, you’ll fall for anything.
138. Underscores as linebreaks rule!
What are you thankful for?
Happy Sunday! Rejoice in the Lord!