Or 10 things I learned about planning a day at the beach with friends.
1. I didn’t really need to show up at 8:30am to save those picnic tables.
2. Bring more stuff to spread on the tables so they look like they’re reserved.
3. Pick a spot that isn’t a shortcut to the beach.
4. Tell people to come a lot earlier so you don’t sit on the reserved picnic table for 3 hours alone.
5. Tell people to come earlier so they can get a parking spot.
6. Bring extra battery so your phone doesn’t die when you need it to live so people can call.
7. Bring charging cable for the same reason as #5.
8. Be prepared for messy public bathroom.
9. Remember to drink coffee first. There is always time for coffee even when it doesn’t seem like it.
10. Next summer go to beach from 12:00pm to 6:00pm, tell friends the location, wait patiently for friends to arrive while gazing peacefully at the beautiful ocean.
It was a fun day. It was great to see friends. And I got in the ocean despite all the shark week shark attack shows. I know they’re out there, but meh, a shark’s gotta eat right?